The Enterprise Center Community Development Corporation(TEC-CDC) is working with businesses, residents, city government, and other nonprofit stakeholders to revitalize the 52nd Street commercial corridor.
TEC-CDC is a community and economic development nonprofit focused on bringing positive change to the Walnut Hill neighborhood and surrounding communities in West Philadelphia. Founded by an affiliate of The Enterprise Center (TEC), an accomplished minority business accelerator, TEC-CDC extends TEC’s entrepreneurial mission to the neighborhood level, with a focus on building community capacity for change, helping small businesses grow, and increasing healthy food access. In coordination with community residents, local businesses, institutional partners, and other nonprofit stakeholders, TEC-CDC has developed a multi-year strategic plan to enhance economic opportunity and social vibrancy along 52nd Street by making it a cleaner, safer, and more attractive place for businesses to locate, for local community members to shop on, and for other Philadelphia area residents to access goods and services.
With funding support from the City of Philadelphia Department of Commerce and Philadelphia LISC, TEC-CDC provides cleaning services along 52nd Street and organizes stakeholders around a common economic development agenda, concentrating on the stretch of 52nd Street between Arch Street to the north and Spruce Street to the south. Corridor management activities include:
- Fostering a clean and safe commercial corridor environment
- Maintaining an up-to-date directory of 52nd Street businesses and property owners
- Connecting corridor businesses to technical assistance and resources
- Identifying and addressing vacant and nuisance properties
- Enhancing corridor-wide organization and continuity
- Identifying opportunities for corridor beautification
- Supporting implementation of the new sidewalk vendor cart program
- Helping to place new businesses on the corridor
- Connecting investors to community-oriented business and real estate opportunities along 52nd Street